Dating in the Greater London Area
Our recommendations for those residing in London or the Greater London area are as follows:
- London is unique in terms of dating and has its own set of rules and protocols, as it caters to people living out of the city but working there, as well as people regularly travelling into the capital as well.
- London has almost every type of event and meeting opportunity that you could possibly imagine. Particularly popular is speed dating where you get the opportunity to meet face to face and check out that chemistry right up front, which has been very successful and popular with many over the last 10-15 years and remains so today.
- London based events can often start at an earlier time than is traditional in provincial towns and cities around the UK, to enable people to attend directly from their office or workplace, so a 6.30 pm or 7.00 pm start time can be common.
- Online Dating will be a strong option within the London region and can be very cost-effective. Remember however that there has been a lot of criticism in the recent past, with exposure on the TV and in the press. And more and more people have been looking for a safer alternative.
- Within online dating there is no requirement for background checks at all in the UK, so please be prepared for people who may be exaggerating on occasions. Be cautious and do check out potential dates carefully prior to meeting them, it is also good practice to tell a friend or family member that you’re going on a date and we recommend that you only ever meet in a public place.
- If you are new to dating or have become wary after the recent spate of bad publicity, the use of a professional Personal Introductions company can often be seen as much more discreet and private, with your personal information, data and photographs held much more securely, than on a highly public online site.
- The highly public nature of online dating can be a concern to many people, particularly those in sensitive occupations or high profile positions, so elite personal introductions could be more appropriate in those circumstances.
- Many introductions agencies now use a Personal Matchmaker to guide you in the search for your perfect partner, this ensures you are guided by someone, experienced, with a strong knowledge of the dating industry and how it works. This personal approach can help you avoid the pitfalls and is one that is recommended by ourselves and can bring very good results if given time.
- Costs of the use of a Personal Matchmaker can be more expensive particularly in London, so please be clear of the charges before you join. Typically anything between £500 and £20,000 can be quoted in London, although there are cost-effective options if you look carefully.
Areas of London that are covered by our members:
City of London, City of Westminster, plus the Boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea, Wandsworth, Lambeth, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Islington, Camden, Brent, Ealing, Hounslow, Richmond upon Thames, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Sutton, Croydon, Bromley, Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Newham, Waltham Forest, Haringey, Enfield, Barnet, Harrow and Hillingdon.
Finding a reputable dating or personal introductions agency – our recommendations for Greater London.
Membership of the Dating Agency Association is now open to all UK based dating organisations, here are our members in Greater London. Our current recommended members providing service in Greater London include:
Avenues Dating Ltd
Over 50s Dating
One of the longest established agencies in the UK and now specialising in dating and introductory services for those in their 50s, 60s, and 70s. Offers dating services for more mature individuals and excellent value for money, with prices starting from just £1195 for a full years membership, which is less than online dating in some instances but with the same excellent standards of service through your own personal matchmaker and high level of confidentiality.
Visit the Avenues Dating site at avenuesdating.co.uk
A well known, well respected and popular name in personal introductions, established in 2003 and based in London in Berkeley Square, Mayfair, offering elite quality introductions from an extensive database. One of the most comprehensive choices of membership packages on the market, with Ultimate, Elite and Elect packages to choose from and a company that we thoroughly endorse. Attractive Partners is a national company and covers ages 30 up to those in active retirement.
Visit the Attractive Partners site at attractivepartners.co.uk
Country Partners is a very special agency founded in 1983 on a farm in rural Shropshire for farmers and agricultural workers when there were only four other dating agencies in the UK. Country Partners continues to reach out to the rural communities in this country and has an intriguing history to match. So step back in time to move forward in time and join this essentially country service designed especially for you. Country Partners has provenance and is a highly respected brand for normal people like you out there, who enjoy country pursuits and much more. Or perhaps you are a town person who would like to meet someone who is a country person, but you live in a town, again Country Partners can help you to achieve that dream. Age group 30 – 90.
Visit Country Partners at countrypartners.co.uk
Matchmaking and Dating Events
Elect Club is a professional Dating Agency, London and the UK, which was set up in 2005 to bring exceptional singles together. 90% of our Members find love quickly with our team of professional matchmakers. Visit the Elect Club site at electclub.co.uk
Honest, professional and confidential matchmaking
When you join INTRO, you can be confident that you will be introduced to people who are who they say they are, really look like they do on their profile photograph and are genuinely looking for a long term relationship. We are based in Cheshire and meet all our clients in person. Our personal matchmaking membership includes:
Regular hand picked matches selected for you, minimum of 6 matches, usually 1 per month Personal contact with an experienced matchmaker6 month membership hold option
Personal profiling - we prepare your profile for you
Optional professional photo shoot
Optional appointment with relationship expert
Optional appointment with image consultant.
Visit them at intro-nw.com
Same Sex Matchmaking
Established since 2014 and specialising in matching same sex couples, based in Mayfair, London, but covering the whole of the UK, including the South East and London. Gay Relationships is run to the highest of standards by Sarah James and her team, and welcomes gay people of both sexes who are seeking a long term and enduring relationship or marriage. Gay Relationships is our only recommended Gay Agency in the South East and London.
Visit the Gay Relationships site at gayrelationships.co.uk
Do you want to create meaningful connections and meet compatible singles? Ditch the dodgy dating apps and join high calibre professionals looking for life partners with Mai Tai. The platform offers a fresh alternative to online dating by providing a bespoke dating service. Matchmakers arrange dinner dates for members by using a proven matchmaking model.
Increase you dating opportunities
Join exclusive dating events
Unique matchmaking model
Get a 50% discount with the code DAA
Visit Mai Tai here maitaigroup.com
Younger Dating Alternative
Established in 2005 and an agency for those with a younger profile and outlook on life, Matchmakers specialises in clients aged 25-49, which is almost unique in the world of personal introductions. Matchmakers is an agency that has a more vibrant feel than many traditional competitors, catering for the many younger people now looking for a safer, less risky way of meeting other younger professionals, offering the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Visit the Matchmakers Dating site at matchmakersdating.co.uk
Matchmaking & Events
Pi Society is a professional Matchmaking and Singles Social events agency based in the South West, established in 2017. There’s no shortage of online dating sites, but many people find that it is not for them and want a safer, more credible alternative. Our intelligent match-making works behind the scenes to give you the best possible chance of meeting that perfect partner. Our experts will save you hours of trawling the internet, help you avoid unsuccessful dates with unsuitable partners and make success much more likely.
Visit their website at pisociety.co.uk
Dating Agency and Singles Club
With RSVP, there are two ways to meet like-minded potential partners: One-to-One Matchmaking and superb Singles Events every week. RSVP was established in 1992 and covers London and the Home Counties, the Heart of England, East and West Midlands. There are three levels of membership, starting with Neon singles events membership. Gold offers one-to-one matching, with matches selected for you by our team of experts. Platinum brings your own Dating PA who selects your matches, cherry-picks new members for introduction to you and proposes you to your matches. RSVP does all the hard work for you.
Visit their website at www.rsvp-int.co.uk
One of the biggest names in personal introductions in the UK, catering for higher net worth professionals, business people and academics, based in rural Warwickshire. There are two levels of membership, Platinum and Associate, which both offer unique features and good value for money.
Visit the Searchmate site at searchmate.co.uk
The County Register
Traditional and Personalised Service
The County Register has stood the test of time and is one of the most respected dating agencies in the UK today. We reach out to people from all walks of life who are looking for a more traditional and personalised service. We have made many couples happy over three decades and continue to do so taking into consideration personal situations and special wish lists. We can offer you a straightforward and comprehensive service and we will be delighted to meet you - no obligation - to discuss how it is possible to change your life and alleviate the loneliness we all experience at various times in our lives for whatever reason. Age group from 30 – 90. Allow us the chance to bring balance into your life once more and shorten your search successfully.
Visit The County Register at thecountyregister.com
The Professional Matchmaker
Matchmaking across the UK
The Professional Matchmaker offers a very personal and professional matchmaking service for clients of a wide age range and living across the UK. Their tailored and quality service is available from just £995 and can all begin with a no obligation and completely confidential consultation over the telephone. Higher membership packages include headhunting and home-based client interviews. Relationship coaching can also be arranged and is included at their higher membership levels.
Visit their website at theprofessionalmatchmaker.co.uk
The Single Boss Club
The Single Boss hosts dating events, and it is where you want to come for a few hours of mingling and relaxing with like minded people who take work, creativity, risk and reward seriously. These are run once a month at the end of the month. It's not a label, a badge, or money that makes you a boss, it's a state of mind. The Single Boss events are for those who think like a boss whether you're a kick-ass professional, entrepreneur or business owner. If you're single, and want to meet others in the same headspace this is for you! Simple really!
Visit The Single Boss Club at thesingleboss.co.uk
London Matchmaking Service
Established in 2014 and a London based agency that covers the whole of the UK, including London and the South East of England, for those looking for service excellence and high net worth, professional partners. Ultimate Attraction is only available to clients aged 30-59 and offers a high end service but without the huge costs often associated with London based agencies.
Visit the Ultimate Attraction site at ultimateattraction.co.uk
When the Music Stops Ltd
Established since 2003 and specialising in high quality dating events, weekend breaks, black tie events and singles holidays, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. There is no ongoing membership required and you can book individual events at a one off cost. So providing great value.
Visit the When the Music Stops site at whenthemusicstops.co.uk